Monday, May 21, 2012

A Little bit of "Done"

I've been hopping all over Dark Harbor, tweaking my building shells, placing my rabbitholes, designing a floorplan here and experimenting with a club design there... all well and good, but I decided today I wanted to take at least one small slice of it, and finish that slice.

There's so many different flavors of goth, and for the sake of variety, I'm going to design for as many of them as I can get away with in this town.

First up?  Corporate goth.

I built a dreary, soulless apartment building.


In which you will find a dreary, soulless starter-priced studio apartment.



In which toils away one quiet little workaholic.  I forgot how tricky it is to make a sim look convincingly Asian without the benefit of Asian skins.  This entire town will be done without CC or store items.


Yeah, it's just one guy in a studio apartment, but it's nice to have the first little bit of "finished" out of the way.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the game is running splendidly... maybe I should do away with some CC too. Would at least have to have the cc skins. And brows. Otherwise my sims wouldn't look right to me. Maybe some choice hair. My favorite clothes too. Yikes! Dunno if I could do it.

    (just now killed a mosquito flying in front of me, in the dark, with my bare hands! am still awesome!)

    I wanted a new game save for Showtime and I'm now thinking this town would be perfect for it when it's done. I have not toyed with Showtime much at all since I got it awhile back. Didn't know they had cowplants! That's great.

    But! It wouldn't be a bad time to start writing again. (Yeah, that same old song, I know!) But I got more time to mess around with these days.

    Anyhoot, glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh! if you can't live without CC you can't live without CC. It makes your game look prettier, but it also creates problems. I'd rather not have the problems and I think my game is pretty enough as-is. Your mileage may vary.

    As for Showtime, I don't even have it yet and I'm not sure if I will. The major aspect of the game - making singers, magicians, and acrobats and having to port them over to other peoples' games to unlock Stuff doesn't appeal to me at all. The minor aspects though - genies, a new ghost type, pool tables and coffeehouses, however do. Hmmm.

    Cowplants, however, are a store item. I love mine as an interactive decoration, but it's yet to eat anyone aside from butlers, as my household and invited guests all have a bad habit of autonomously keeping it sated on fish instead.

    ReplyDelete