Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mayfly Sims, Part 2

I tried to keep this post to under 30 pictures.

I succeeded.  Just barely.

So.. Generation 1.  Where were we?

Oh yes.


Wait.  Boyfriend dearest... aren't you supposed to be, like, a Trauma Surgeon?

*sigh*

And thus came twin girls, Madeline and Maribel.  I usually avoid multiples, but speed legacies make them a necessity, since a single pregnancy takes up 3 out of those 11 childbearing days you have.  And since SimVex's boyfriend, Antoine, is French, I decided to do French names for all the kids.

 SimVex is not so sure about this whole "parent" thing.  She's all "Can I return these?  I hope I remembered to save the receipt."


Of course getting pregnant is a surefire way to make sims spam "get married" wishes all over the place.  So while the girls are still in their larval stage, I took one of those precious few afternoons out to do just that.



Of course this was also the same day they both aged up, so I got to have a wedding *and* a double-birthday.


The minute SimVex aged up from Young Adult to Adult, she plunged into a Midlife Crisis.  Her first Midlife Crisis wish?  To move to a new house.  Decided to leave suburbia and find a nice apartment in the city.


Frisky activities immediately resumed once they got settled in.


Hey!  At least the new apartment has a nice view of city hall from the bathroom you're barfing in...


Out of larval stage already.  And with all of a day to be toddlers, I'm not even gonna bother trying to get them walking, talking, and potty trained.  They're just gonna sit there and bond with their Imaginary Friends.


Still swoony, even as a middle-aged family man.


And... oops.  I forgot that my Story Progression was set up for paternity leave.  Between the game-issued workdays off for the honeymoon and the game-issued workdays off for his impending children, he's not going to return to work until he's almost an Elder.  So much for Anotine's Lifetime Wish of becoming a world-renowned surgeon!

Instead, he'll take his doctoring skills and while away his free time at the chemistry set.


And in the meantime, SimVex paints, writes novels, and who the hell decorated this place?!  (Oh, right, I did)


They grow up so fast, don't they?


A clear favorite for this generation's heir has emerged in Madeline.  Not only do I like her looks and her traits better, her Imaginary Friend is a sweetie.


Maribel's Imaginary Friend, on the other hand, is a little blue meanie who bickers with her all day.  SimVex, who cannot see her children's Imaginary Friends, is appropriately creeped out.


"Darling, I think both our daughters are completely bonkers."


"Aw, don't listen to her, Cuddles.  You and me are gonna be Best Friends Forever!"


'Course, even though I have a fine heir candidate in Madeline, the rules say each generation MUST have a boy and a girl, so soon enough... Julian and Gustav arrive on the scene.


Of course, no sooner do the boys arrive than little Madeline gets a call from the science lab - something about an experiment with invisible beings.  So apparently SimVex's children aren't loony when they insist they have invisible friends.  But for this experiment, Madeline needs a rainbow gem.

Does SimVex have a rainbow gem just lying around?  Of course not.

So she did what a doting mom has to do.  Don't judge!


Why do people leave rare and expensive gems in the trash?  Beats me!

But later that night...




And another wave of birthdays immediately followed.


Gawd, do I have to spend time on this homework?  I'm only gonna be in high school for 2 days!


Why do I have to do homework?  I wasn't even a real sim until last night!  This is lame.  I am totally going to sneak into school later and wreak some havoc for this.


Will you two SHUT UP?!  I'm not even being considered for heiress, and even I have to do my homework!


 Meanwhile, Julian and Gustav are upstairs, obliviously chewing on their own special dolls.


...Cuddles totally got caught in her attempts to prank the school.  You'd think being invisible for her entire childhood would've made her a bit more steathy.  GROUNDED!



A 2-day punishment?  She's gonna age up to Young Adulthood while still Grounded!  I wonder how that's gonna go down?

She doesn't seem too thrilled at the prospect.


And I'll end this generation's antics with one last shot.  Still all sweet for each other, even as they're about to get old and gray.


... All 7 members of this household have their next birthday on the same day.  Wish me luck.

2 comments: