Friday, July 8, 2011

Tonight, on "Those Random Sims."

My Speed Legacy managed to break in the second generation. Travel, which until Generations had been generally a safe way to entertain my sims, seems to have turned into a game of glitch roulette.  On a good trip, I'll return with all my sims' outfits erased.  On this trip, I returned to a member of the household unselectable and un-interactwithable, having lost both the foreigner relationships I'd gained while travelling and the child my heiress was pregnant with (Not Pregnant according to MasterController), and with said heiress unable to converse with anyone.  The action would cancel with the sims bounced to opposite corners of the room.

I kinda rage-quit it.  Those lives are too short to beat my head against the keyboard trying to fix a household broken in so many ways at once.

So instead I returned to my regular game, and the hundreds of unsorted screenshots sitting around from it.

Pictures are fun.  Have a few favorites:

To put as much separation as possible between my for-fun game and the story game in which the same sims are main characters (totally wanna pick that up from SiManiacs!), I moved them to a new world.

Elmira City.  I think it's awesome.  On one side of the mountains, delicious urban goo.  On the other side, quiet country town with cheap family houses.  Tons of spawners, room to grow, and Not Too Huge.


I ended up taking one of the plentiful "empty shell" buildings in the city, an old brownstone on the outskirts of downtown, and decking it out for my household.  Somehow it turned Steampunk while I wasn't looking (thank you, Decorating While Half Asleep):



Not sure if I'll ever offer it for download.  The exterior isn't mine, I just built the innards.


The town is populated, of course, with all my usual favorite people.

The city's Central Park has hopscotch courts.

Adult sims love to hang out there all day and suck at hopscotch.


Nobody here but us reeds!


My sims are forever silly, silly creatures.

Stargazing together out behind the house where the bodies are buried....


 ... Sparring in the nursery.  In their underwear.


Now if that's not a look of intent, I don't know what is...


My heavily-pregnant sims always seem to spend their last hours dancing in front of the stereo, if I let them.  Must be trying to jump-start labor...


I don't think I have ever seen anyone "Do Not Want!" at flowers that hard.


Actually, that seems to be a strange new trend in my household.

Both these sims are Flirty.  Before Generations, they would have been MUCH more likely to flirt and to be receptive to flirts from others.  Gabriel is relatively new to my simming life, but Kali's been around in my games long enough for her to have enjoyed four spouses, and she has a couple great-great-great grandchildren on the ground, and for that entire time, lovers on the side were the order of the day.  Since Generations, though, my couple seem completely uninterested in anyone but each other.


It's like they've gotten... I dunno... faithful.

Looks like Gabriel managed to do what no previous spouse ever has, and actually make an honest woman out of Kali.

They seem to be happy about it.  I will confess, I have tons of shots of them just being happy and lovey, but I usually convince myself no one wants to see that.


So instead, you get the Weird.


In fact, I think I'll wrap up this post with my collection of magic gnome corpses.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Frickin' gnomes... I swear. I had each and every one of those end up on my lot, and then some. Sucked to clean up all the statues, but I made a small fortune in selling them all.

    Nice interior designing! I like the placement of the time machine. Makes it look like there is a portal, just there. Neat-o. Liking Gabriel's attire as well. He looks spiffy.

    They are truly loving-parents to be giving that baby such a nice show. Can't think of anyone else that would do such a nice thing. It is much better than say, feeding your kid to a T-Rex.

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why feed my kid to a T-Rex when I can, instead, turn my kid into a T-Rex once it's old enough?

    And I can't post pics in comments, so it will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I love seeing pics from your game. It always provides such entertainment. :D

    Sad that Gen messed around with your flirty Sims, but they seem happy. :D

    ReplyDelete