Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thwarted

(#&*%*$

So, the only way pets can die is old age?  Really?

My simself fulfilled her Lifetime Wish of owning 2 of each pet type (all the way down to beetles!), and after a couple days of that chaos I decided to off some of the excess for the sake of game stability (big households = crashy crashy) and being able to move around my living room.  Also because I like ghosts.

Built a pool, threw the dog in, built a fence and dragged the energy bar down.  The minute the Drowning moodlet appeared, she auto-teleported out of the pool.

Built a shed with no door, put the cat in, and set it on fire.  The minute the fire caught the cat, he auto-teleported out of the shed.

Sent the dog and the cat out for a long walk into an empty field.  Dropped a meteor right down on their fuzzy little heads.  When the explosion cleared, they were standing around, safe and sound, next to a giant space rock.

And of course if you try to starve them, the social worker comes to get you.

I imagine electrocution isn't going to work either, and I probably can't order a kitten to attack an angry mummy.

Seriously, where's the fun in indestructible pets?

2 comments:

  1. "Seriously, where's the fun in indestructible pets?"

    All the more reason NOT to install this stupid EP in the first place imo! Pets were stupid in TS3 and I can't imagine EA has improved them much, if at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never played TS2 to know the difference, but aside from the fact that they can't die, I think pets are the most fun thing I've added to my household so far.

    Tons of new interactions with both other sims and household objects, activities to entertain yourself with, skills to learn, ways to make money - my surviving cat can pull in thousands a night by hunting for small animals while the rest of the house sleeps - and since you can actually play the pets as active sims, they're a lot more than just high-maintenance house ornaments.

    They just need to be easier to kill when I'm done with them. I don't want to place them for adoption at the shelter! I want to set their little fuzzy butts on fire.

    ReplyDelete