Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Little Homestead

There's not much that can really be said about a starter home.  They're fun to make.  When I feel my attention span faltering after contending with large family builds, a little starter is refreshing.  A mansion will take me a week or more to finish.  I can hammer out one of these in a day.

I always loved those tired-looking old ranch houses I drive by in the Texas countryside. I thought one of 'em would make a great little fixer-upper for some young sim.

Here's the details:

- Sits on a 20 x 30, facing the short side
- 2 bedrooms, furnished for a couple and one child
- 1 bath
- Living/Dining/Kitchen all share the same open space, warmed by a cute little tin fireplace (which, unlike my more expensive builds, is not Fireproofed. You can't afford fireproofing!)
- A garden in the backyard with lettuce, tomatoes, grapes, potatoes, onions, and an apple tree. All at Very Nice quality. Could keep the pantry stocked, or be the start of a farm.
- Only one store item: a bookshelf. Several Expansion items, however. As always, No CC.
- Priced under $16.5k

The lot has been playtested at full capacity. Future owners may want to check the property carefully. The previous owners could swear they heard termites in the walls.

Exchange Download
(Includes list of Store/Stuff objects used.)

Mediafire Download

Have pics, will click to embiggen:













No comments:

Post a Comment